In-Person Safety Reminders
- Masks are required for everyone (older than 2 yrs.).
- Vaccinations, including boosters, are expected for all who are eligible.
- Services will include reduced seating and singing, with overflow in the Hearth Room as space allows, and increased ventilation.
- If you are sick, please join us online for the 9 am livestreamed service or anytime after that.
Link to our YouTube Channel HERE. Subscribe to our channel and click on the bell to receive notifications of future services.
View previous services and Orders of Service HERE.
Sunday, February 6: Online Worship only at 9:00 am
Sunday, February 13: Side With Love: An national online worship service for Unitarian Universalists, with many voices and music from across the country. Rev. Luke will offer an opening reflection to ground us within our national church.
Both services can be found at our usual YouTube Channel:
Sunday, February 20: A Wild and Precious Life
In-Person Services and Courtyard Coffee Hour Resume!
A festive service including music from local band Root River Jam, reflections from church members Heather Vinge Hanson and Stephanie Evans Hanson on spiritual journey, and a welcoming of new members!
– High quality masks
– Coffee Creamer
– Gift books for new members
– An abundance of love
- Sunday Service Livestream (9am or anytime after): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIHDXlG7FUAhZY0TNBI_Mwg/
**Pajamas and a delicious breakfast are strongly recommended during service! Enjoy this time as an opportunity to not travel in the cold 🙂
- Sunday Zoom Coffee Hour at 10:30 am:
Feel below you the earth and its ancient turning;
Re-Gathering Guidelines Team: Survey Update
Thank you to all the 200+ respondents to our survey! We appreciate the time and thought shared with us to help guide our decisions to gradually re-gather. Here is a summary of survey results and updated practices:
- Multi-Platform: Even though a vast majority of congregants want to meet in person for worship, 20% prefer online. The numbers are similar for families with and without young children.
- Masks & Limited Capacity: Almost 90% agree with continued masking and limiting capacity is strongly favored.
- Groups: For adult groups and classes, 40% prefer online, so keeping multiple options open will be important for all. In-person small groups may consider options around masking and food/drink depending on vaccine status and individual/group preferences. Contact the office for current specific guidance if your group wants to meet in-person.
- Vaccines: 100% of those reported (all but 3 respondents) reported all eligible members of their household are fully vaccinated, or in process. Most respondents expect that everyone, who is able and eligible, be vaccinated to participate in church events. This is our current expectation, though we will not require proof at this time for general participation.
- Christmas Eve Services: Over 200 people plan to attend Christmas Eve services, including 14% of respondents preferring a service with increased Covid mitigation (lower capacity limit, pre-registration, little or no singing, etc.) Details for service plans and other holiday gatherings are shared HERE.
- Sunday Mornings: As noted last week, registration and roping off of rows were felt to be unhelpful and possible detriments to attending services by many, and we eliminated those aspects from our mitigation procedures.
We appreciate all the thoughtful comments and input. Although hard to summarize the variety of opinions (we are UU’s after all!), many were grateful for getting back together in person in a safe manner and agreed with being cautious especially in light of the new Covid variant and the unknown risks associated with it. We continue to be committed to finding ways to gather on both sides of our doors. We wish you a very happy and healthy holiday season!
Re-Gathering Guidelines Team
Rev. Luke Stevens-Royer, Joe Lobl, Erika Beetcher, Ann Hutton
- Sunday Services in the Sanctuary at 9:00 am and 11:00 am
- Registration Required for all events (worship, children’s activities, nursery care). Register HERE
- Capacity Limited to 50% (including distanced seating with rows roped off and self-distancing between households).
- Masks required for everyone (worship leaders, including speakers and solo singers/musicians, may be unmasked while speaking/playing/singing).
- Children are welcome to begin in the Sanctuary (for about 10 minutes) before proceeding to activities (if registered) outdoors when possible, otherwise distanced indoors. Limited nursery care is also available by registration.
- Social Hour in the outdoor courtyard between services with coffee/tea provided, weather dependent. (masks encouraged outdoors).
- Livestreamed Services at 9am on our YouTube channel HERE (and available any time after that).
- Zoom coffee hour Sundays at 10:15 am. Join HERE.
- Wednesday Evening Forums at 6:30 pm on Zoom beginning October 13. Join HERE.
- Various small groups (contact the office for more information).
- We’ll provide community Covid-19 practice or concern updates in the weekly e-News, or through direct communication as needed.
- Small groups are encouraged to meet online or outdoors. Small groups may request to meet in the building with additional safety practices.
- We will monitor local and congregational risk and adjust practices as needed.