When a church joins the Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations, we agree to affirm and promote “…the use of the democratic process within our congregations….” We are self-governing. We create our own dreams, make our own decisions, and turn those dreams and decisions into reality.
Our Leadership 2016-17
Board of Directors
- The church is governed by a Board made up of nine directors. Church members are nominated by the Nominating Committee and elected by the members at our annual meeting in June of each year. Officers serve a 1-year term for a maximum of 4 terms and directors serve a 2-year term for a maximum of 2 terms.
- Board meetings are held on the 3rd Wednesday of every month at 7:00 p.m. in the Conference Room.
- Minutes of the meeting are posted on the bulletin board in the Commons after they have been approved.
- The duties of the Board are described in Article VII of our Bylaws.
Current Board members are:
|Board Member||Position||Term Ends|
|Jerry Katzmann||President||June 2018|
|Gail Bishop||Vice President||June 2018|
|Ann Hutton||Secretary||June 2018|
|Garth Nelson||Treasurer||June 2018|
|Randy Crawford||Director||June 2018|
|Greg Turosak||Director||June 2018|
|Charyssa Cobb||Director||June 2019|
|Kate Thompson-Jewell||Director||June 2019|
|Chris Wendt||Director||June 2019|
Our Program Council serves as the operational arm of the Board of Directors. Its voting membership includes the Vice President, the chair of the Finance Committee, and the chairs of the committees and councils chartered by the Board of Directors. Chairs of other committees and groups are also encouraged to attend.
The main purposes of Program Council are to:
- Provide a forum for chairs to coordinate activities and set priorities;
- Facilitate the efficient dissemination of information;
- Advise the Board on operational issues;
- Orient chairs to church procedures and resources
Program Council meets on the first Wednesday of March, June, September, and December, at 7:15 p.m. in the Commons.
Councils, Committees, and Groups
Much of the work of the church – internal and external – is performed by teams of people who gather in councils, committees, and groups. Each has a description approved by the Board of Directors that describes its purpose, functions, organizational structure, and reporting requirements.
Listed below are links to the council and committee descriptions. Most often subcommittees and groups do not have separate descriptions, but perform a distinct part of the work of the larger committee under the direction of that committee.
Worship and Music
Caring Congregation Coordinators
Bylaws, Policies, and Procedures
The following bylaws, policies, and procedures have been adopted by the congregation and the Board of Directors to establish predictable and efficient ways to work together and make sure we operate in an ethical, legal, and safe manner.