The Building Our Future team is often looking for individuals to assist on various teams. Below you will find descriptions of various volunteer positions needed on the BOF Team. If interested in any positions, please contact the office.
Inflation Reduction Act Tax Code
Members of the Energy recently met with BakerTilly (a consulting and tax accounting firm) to discuss Clean Energy Project incentives which are available in the 2022 IRA (Inflation Reduction Act). Non-profit entities are now eligible to receive a ‘direct cash payment’ from the IRS for qualifying energy efficiency projects through 2032. Taking advantage of these incentives and opportunities would significantly reduce building and infrastructure costs related to Energy Conservation & Sustainability in the future building at the Viola site.
A volunteer is needed to learn and understand the applicable sections of the tax code and assist in developing a plan which will maximize the eligible direct payments consistent with the construction timeline.
Energy Team Lead Needed!
Our congregation has strongly stated the importance of energy efficiency and sustainability practices be implemented in the new Viola building.
An Energy team leader is needed to collaborate with the Energy team to define our strategy for the Viola building. The Energy team lead role is more of a project manager, and does not require extensive knowledge or understanding of technical items. This help is needed to ensure that our Energy vision is implemented in our new building!
Examples of the Energy team activity:
- Potential certification to standards such as Passivhaus, Living Building Challenge, Building Decarbonization – Carbon Neutrality
- Partnering with organizations such as Minnesota Interfaith Power & Light, City of Rochester sustainability opportunities
- Explore tax credit payments which are available for non-profits per the Inflation Reduction Act
- Grant opportunities
- RPU rebate strategy
- Locus Building Specification for materials
- Active and Passive HVAC (Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning)
- Solar options
- E/V charging
If you have knowledge or expertise in this position, please contact the office.