Annual Mike Podulke Memorial Online Service Auction
Raffle, Silent Auction, Fixed Price Items
Donations to Sponsored Charity will be open from
Sunday, October 25 through Thursday, October 29, 2020
Live Event Auction on
Friday, October 30, 2020 at 7:00 pm
Virtually Via Zoom
First Unitarian Universalist Church
Go HERE for a printable donation form.
COVID-19 restrictions will not permit the usual lively 100-150 person social gathering at the church. But rather than postponing or cancelling the auction, we are planning an online event using the advanced features of the software package used to manage the auction the last two years. In order to do this, some changes need to be made.
The big changes will be:
- The “live portion” of the UU Service Auction will be held via Zoom at 7:00 pm on Friday, October 30.
- Participation in the online event will require access via computer, tablet, or mobile phone.
- Live auction items and “events” will be available on the website for 1-2 hours Friday evening and accompanied by a Zoom narrative to describe the item.
- From October 25-29, raffle tickets, silent auction items, and donations to a sponsored charity will be offered through the auction website. You may also state your interest in fixed price events (to be awarded by lottery).
- Silent auction items will need to be submitted with a photo and description for the website. We can help with that.
- Fixed price and live auction events need to honor COVID social distance and group limits. Think outdoor items, specialty baking/meal deliveries, services like yard work, gift cards to local restaurants, businesses, organizations, crafts, etc.
- All items and events must be submitted by October 16 to be entered into the website database.
- Drop off and pickup at church may be arranged if a location at church is available or donors can arrange for pick up/delivery of items to winners.
- We will provide a website guide and may also provide telephone “help line” support.
We all hope to return to the lively kidding, mayhem and socialization of the UU Service Auction in 2021. In the meantime, please contact the office with your suggestions, ideas, or offers to help with this experiment. Thank you. We’ll be in touch.