Annual Mike Podulke Memorial Online Service Auction
Auction begins at 12 pm Sunday, October 25.
Purchase raffle tickets, bid on silent auction and fixed price items. You can also donate to Project Legacy during the week.
The online auction will be open through 7 pm Thursday, October 29, 2020.
Live Event Auction on
Friday, October 30, 2020 at 7:00 pm
Virtually Via Zoom HERE
First Unitarian Universalist Church
Auction Donations: we extended the donation submission deadline to Mon. 10/19 and we thank everyone who has submitted items and activities! Your auction committee has been busy setting up your items on the auction website where they will await your bids.
The Auction Catalog can be found here.
The 2020 Mike Podulke Service Auction will be different this year. We will certainly miss our usual gathering and the fellowship of the evening. This year, all bidding and purchases will be done via our auction website.
What to expect:
1. Anyone who attended the 2019 auction as a bidder, will be sent an email from First UU Rochester (auctria.com) so check your trash or spam folder if you do not see it in your inbox. This note comes from the auction software site and is the same site we’ve used to send out your donor receipts and bidder invoices the last two years.
– this email will include your bidder access code and the link to the auction website; when you sign into the auction website, you will need this bidder access code.
2. If you were not a bidder in 2019, you will need to register on the auction website (charityauction.bid/UUonlineServiceAuction2020 ). Look at top of auction home page and click on the Register section and follow the directions. After registering you will receive your bidder access code.
3. Please keep this information as you prepare for this year’s auction. You can access the website on your computer or by acquiring the Auctria app from the store you use for your mobile phones or tablets. You will do all your bidding via your computer, phone or tablet. The site will appear differently depending on the device you are using.
Note: for the Live Auction session consider using the computer with one browser window for the Zoom session shrunk to half the screen and another browser window for the Auction website. You can also use the computer for your Zoom session and use a tablet/phone for your bidding.
4. Go to the auction website linked in this email or in your access number email and sign in at the top where it says “sign in”. Each section of the website is listed at the top or if using a phone or tablet, you will need to click on the menu in top left to see the different pages.
5. On Sunday 10/25 at noon: the auction website will open for you to make raffle ticket purchases, to make your donation to Project Legacy (Social Justice selected this non-profit as this year’s beneficiary), to start placing bids on Silent Auction Items and to enter your interest in Fixed Price items. Be sure to note the directions on each section of the website. Each time you place a bid or get outbid, you will get a notification to your email. You will most likely want to delete many of these emails after checking that they reflect your actions, keeping the ones indicating a winning bid. The Raffle tickets, Silent and Fixed Price pages will close for bidding at 7 pm Thur, Oct. 29th.
Friday, Oct. 30th, 7 pm: Live Auction: The Live session will include a narrated Zoom session (we’ll all be muted for most of the time except for those speaking)and some entertainment provided by the Podulke family. Live auction items will be introduced on the website and then will be opened for competitive bidding for a few minutes for each item. We will also be drawing the winners of the raffle items during the Live session.
The link for the Fri. Oct. 30th Live Auction zoom session is: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89198184400
There will be some live items (for example- a dinner for a set number of people) which will be opened for competitive bidding and when bidding closes, the top bidder will be asked how many spots they want at that price; then the next highest bidder (which can be seen by the auction team) will be asked for their interest at purchasing spots at the top bid price, etc.. until all the spots are filled. Those purchases by the next highest bidders, will not be immediately reflected in your account and will be entered after the auction ends.
After the Auction:
You will receive your donor receipts and bidder invoices during the weekend following the auction. Donors and winners will need to contact one another to arrange for delivery or pick up of items purchased/won.
You can pay your auction invoice by mailing a check to the church (your bidder number/auction in memo line) or you can go to the church website (https://uurochmn.org/member-services/members/uu-store) and scroll down to find the Service Auction box, fill in the box with the amount and go to bottom of page to complete payment by using a credit card via PayPal.
If you are unable to participate in the online bidding this year, but would like to contribute to this fundraiser that provides budgeted income for our church operating budget, you can also donate by sending a check or using the website option.
Get your devices ready and have fun participating in this year’s auction! Be patient as we continue to adapt to the circumstances that this year has brought to us! Bring on the 2020 Mike Podulke Service Auction!
Questions: email email@example.com or contact anyone on the Auction Team: